BOSU is an acronym for "BOth Sides Up" in relation to half a ball which can be used on both sides.
A complete new concept in fitness, this class will help you to rev up your metabolism so it is ideal if you are trying to shed a few pounds, tone up your muscles, increase your agility and strength and most of all have fun whilst you are exercising ...
What are the benefits?
* It enhances coordination and neuromuscular function, from rehabilitation to daily movements
* It develops the deep sensory feedback systems (vestibular, visual, mechano-receptive) which will increase efficiency in your movements and posture
* It focuses on integrated movements (not joints isolated actions) over multiple planes and range of motion as by its nature the BOSU is unstable, uncontrollable and complex.
* It helps you to develop the ability to stabilize and generate power from your core
* It helps you to improve performance in sports as during each class we incorporate movements which mirror the activity of any performance or sport or daily function, thus helping you to achieve a new sense of body awareness.
* It helps with low-back pain and joints stability as we work on proprioceptors and joint stabilising muscle groups
Understanding human movement becomes easy when we understand that it comes from a muscular force production rather than a muscle contraction, which is communicated to the muscle fibres by way of neurons from the central nervous system (the brain, the spinal cord and the nerves).
You need to try it! First hand experience will help you to understand a lot more about this class and in return you will understand more about your body and how you are moving in space right now than any words I can write.
For more information visit
It can be done barefoot or with soft shoes. Please bring a towel with you.